Since 2018, SBEF has awarded 114 grants to SB Unified teachers.
SBEF has awarded over $165,000 in funding to SB Unified teachers.
Students impacted during the 2019-20 school year.
The Santa Barbara Education Foundation funds grants once a year to support the purchase of much-needed supplies and tools, as well as to encourage the development of creative and innovative teaching in the Santa Barbara Unified School District.
Please fill out the final report for your Teachers Grant by June 1, 2020. Please Click Here for the form.
The submission period for the 2019-20 application is now CLOSED.
WHAT WE FUND: Project-based supplies for innovative programs or curriculum development in the classrooms, student field trips, technology, instructional tools, and general supplies. **(if the teacher is requesting software, the principal must check with ETS to make sure the software is allowed and compatible.)
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND: We do not fund professional development or instruments.
WHO MAY APPLY: We invite grant applications from all credentialed staff in the Santa Barbara Unified School District, TK/K- 12th grade.
FUNDING AND GRANT CYCLE: This cycle we will be funding grants up to $5,000 each, grants up to $1,500 each and grants up to $500 each.
REVIEW PROCESS: The grant proposals are evaluated by a review committee, which is appointed on an annual basis, made up of SBEF Board Members, SB Unified Principals, and teachers.
REPORTS AND EVALUATIONS: Grant recipients will be asked to submit a final report with original or electronic receipts by June 1, 2020 via a google form located on our webpage.
Katie Szopa, Programs Manager
Santa Barbara Education Foundation
1330 State Street, Suite 201
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Teachers will be informed if they have been awarded a grant during the month of November.
- Can one teacher apply for all three grants? YES, but you must submit an application for each request. You can only receive one grant.
- Can you apply for a grant if you received one last year? YES, teachers who received a grant in previous years are eligible to apply again.
- Does my principal need to sign off on the grant? YES.
- Is there a minimum funding request? NO.
- When will I be notified if I DO receive a grant? During the month of November via email.
- Will I be notified if I DO NOT receive a grant? YES, during the month of November via email.
- Will I need to attend an award ceremony to receive my grant? Yes, there will be an award ceremony held during the month of December. Place, date and time TBD.
- How will the funds be distributed? We will issue reimbursement checks or pay for items directly once a cost list has been approved.
Read about how Teacher Grants are making an impact in our community.