In 2018, SBEF awarded funding to 58 SB Unified teachers.
In 2018, SBEF awarded over $80,000 in funding to SB Unified teachers.
Grants funded projects at 15 different SB Unified school sites.
The Santa Barbara Education Foundation funds grants once a year to support the purchase of much-needed supplies and tools, as well as to encourage the development of creative and innovative teaching in the Santa Barbara Unified School District.
The submission period for the 2019-20 application is now CLOSED. We will inform all applicants of a decision during the month of November. Thank you for your interest.
WHAT WE FUND: Project-based supplies for innovative programs or curriculum development in the classrooms, student field trips, technology, instructional tools, and general supplies. **(if the teacher is requesting software, the principal must check with ETS to make sure the software is allowed and compatible.)
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND: We do not fund professional development or instruments.
WHO MAY APPLY: We invite grant applications from all credentialed staff in the Santa Barbara Unified School District, TK/K- 12th grade.
FUNDING AND GRANT CYCLE: This cycle we will be funding 10 grants up to $5,000 each, 20 grants up to $1,500 each and 10 grants up to $500 each.
REVIEW PROCESS: The grant proposals are evaluated by a review committee, which is appointed on an annual basis, made up of SBEF Board Members, SB Unified Principals, and teachers.
REPORTS AND EVALUATIONS: Grant recipients will be asked to submit a final report with original or electronic receipts by June 1, 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Katie Szopa, Programs Associate
Santa Barbara Education Foundation
1330 State Street, Suite 201
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Teachers will be informed if they have been awarded a grant during the month of November.
- Can one teacher apply for all three grants? YES, but you must submit an application for each request. You can only receive one grant.
- Can you apply for a grant if you received one last year? YES, teachers who received a grant in previous years are eligible to apply again.
- Does my principal need to sign off on the grant? YES.
- Is there a minimum funding request? NO.
- When will I be notified if I DO receive a grant? During the month of November via email.
- Will I be notified if I DO NOT receive a grant? YES, during the month of November via email.
- Will I need to attend an award ceremony to receive my grant? Yes, there will be an award ceremony held during the month of December. Place, date and time TBD.
- How will the funds be distributed? We will issue reimbursement checks or pay for items directly once a cost list has been approved.