Since 2018, SBEF has awarded 233 grants to SB Unified teachers.
SBEF has awarded over $375,000 in funding to SB Unified teachers.
Students impacted during the 2020-21 school year.
Congratulations to our 2021 SBEF Teacher Grant Recipients!
The Santa Barbara Education Foundation funds grants once a year to support the purchase of much-needed supplies and tools, as well as to encourage the development of creative and innovative teaching in the Santa Barbara Unified School District.
WHAT WE FUND: Project-based supplies for innovative programs or curriculum development in the classrooms, student field trips, technology, instructional tools, and general supplies. **(if the teacher is requesting software, the principal must check with ETS to make sure the software is allowed and compatible.)
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND: We do not fund professional development, incentives/awards, instruments, consultants, PPE and software/technology (that has not been pre-approved by the SBUSD ETS department).
WHO MAY APPLY: We invite grant applications from all credentialed staff in the Santa Barbara Unified School District, TK/K- 12th grade. This program is not open to the charter schools.
FUNDING AND GRANT CYCLE: This cycle we will have three funding categories: grants up to $500, grants up to $2,500 and grants up to $5,000.
REVIEW PROCESS: The grant proposals are evaluated by a review committee, made up of SBEF Board Members, SB Unified Principals, SBUSD teachers and community members.
REPORTS AND EVALUATIONS: Grant recipients will be asked to submit a final report with original or electronic receipts no later than June 1, 2022 via a google form located on our webpage. Please note if a final report is not submitted, you are not eligible for a teacher grant the following year.
Please contact Programs Manager, Katie Szopa with any questions regarding the application at [email protected] or 805-284-9125.
- Can one teacher apply for all three grants? YES, but you must submit an application for each request. You can only receive one grant.
- Can you apply for a grant if you received one last year? YES, teachers who received a grant in previous years are eligible to apply again (unless a final report was not submitted).
- Does my principal need to sign off on the grant? YES and we will contact all principals to confirm they have signed off and approved any online curriculum/platforms.
- Is there a minimum funding request? NO.
- When will I be notified if I DO receive a grant? During the month of November via email.
- Will I be notified if I DO NOT receive a grant? YES, during the month of November via email.
- Will I need to attend an award ceremony? YES, there will be an award ceremony held during January 2022. Specifics TBD.
- How will the funds be distributed? We will issue reimbursement checks or pay for items directly once a cost list has been approved.
Read about how Teacher Grants are making an impact in our community.